Greetings from the
Melvin, Swanson, & Halligan Families:
The 10th Annual Melvin, Swanson, and Halligan Memorial Steer Wrestling will be the largest event so far to promote the rodeo life of Nebraska cowboys and the event of steer wrestling. On June 14, 2016, at the Sutherland Arena in conjunction with Nebraskaland Days.
This event was started to honor and pay tribute to three Nebraska rodeo greats who influenced and mentored so many in the sport of rodeo and steer wrestling. Read more about them below.
- Wayne Melvin – 1945-2006 – Tryon, Nebraska
- Swede Swanson – 1940-2004 – Hershey, Nebraska
- Harrison Halligan – 1938-2014 – North Platte, Nebraska
Each year, we see this steer wrestling event grow in contestant and spectator numbers. For our last nine steer wrestlings, we were proud to have an average of 40 contestants that hale from all over the United States and Canada. For the fans, the credentials of the contestants:
- Dean Gorsuch – 2006 and 2010 World Champion
- Jason Miller – 2007 World Champion
- National Finals qualifiers
- Circuit Finals Champions
- State Amateur Champions & Qualifiers
- National High School Rodeo Finals Qualifiers
Having these wonderful athletes participate, attracted a crowd of several hundred fans.
Become An Event Sponsor
This event provides a wonderful opportunity to have your business recognized for contributing.
The sponsors are given recognition in various ways:
- On our website:
The Melvin, Swanson, Halligan Nebraska Steer Wrestling Memorialhttp://www.nebraskasteerwrestlingmemorial.com/
- Contestant Shirts
- A North Platte radio station – live broadcasts during the competition
- Banners are welcomed and can be placed at the arena
Become A Cowboy Sponsor
These cowboys travel to many destinations across the country and in front of a diversified audience, your or your business could provide merchandise, gift certificates, and prizes that the contestants would win as part of the prize package.
There are several ways to become a sponsor:
- Premier Sponsor=Logo/Brand on a Custom Saddle, plus website, and T-shirts
- $250.00=Sponsor Logo/Brand T-shirts given to contestants and seen all over the U.S. and Canada
- $50.00-and up = Breast Collar sponsor
- $25.00-$50.00 = Buckle sponsor
- Other merchandise or gift certificate = Hard-luck award, Round winners
For More Information
For more information or to answer any questions that may arise and to assist you and your business with a wonderful promotional opportunity; contact us now at the link below.
Or call: Dru Melvin: 405-808-9015 or Elke Melvin-King: 605-484-5312
[/vc_column_text][vc_separator color=”black” align=”align_center” border_width=”2″][/vc_column][/vc_row]